- How to Ride
- For Your Safety
For Your Safety
For Your Safety
Out of concern for the public and our staff, every passenger is required to wear face coverings at all bus stops, facilities, and onboard vehicles. Social distancing protocols are also in place.
The following items are prohibited on SporTran Transit:
- Gasoline or flammable liquids
- Weapons are not allowed on SporTran Transit vehicles, at the Terminal, or on any SporTran property
- Animals (except service animals )
- Car batteries
- Roller skates, rollerblades, and metal spike shoes (you may hand carry these items on the bus)
- Bulky items that will not fit safely on the bus
- Be aware of your surroundings at the bus stop and on the bus, including the nearest exit.
- Do not touch or move a suspicious package or substance. Report these items to your bus driver immediately.
- Keep personal belongings in your possession, and don't accept items from strangers.
- Public safety is everyone's responsibility. Do your part to make it a safe trip!
- Baby strollers, portable shopping carts, walkers and other items must be kept out of the aisles. You are required to remove all children from his/her carrier and/or stroller and be held by an adult.
- Please refrain from unnecessary conversation with the driver while the bus is in motion.
- No passenger shall interfere with the safe operation of any SporTran bus and will at all times respect the instructions
- of the bus operator in regard to the vehicle's operation.
- Riders must remain behind the yellow line, and stay seated or secure until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Conversations between passengers or on cell phones shall be kept at a reasonable volume. At no time will vulgar or abusive language be tolerated.
- The playing of personal radios and other musical devices is not allowed except with ear phones. Volume on the ear phones
- shall be kept at a level which does not disturb other passengers.
- Videotaping or taking photographs on any SporTran vehicle is prohibited without prior approval from the SporTran Main Office.
- Soliciting money or distributing literature on Sportran buses is not allowed at any time.
- Lying down or otherwise occupying more than one seat is not allowed.
- Disruptive conduct of any nature by passengers will not be tolerated on SporTran buses. This conduct will result in the
- ejection of the disruptive passenger from the bus and possible prosecution under the applicable criminal code.
- SporTran may deny service to any passenger that is identified as being disruptive or a threat to other passengers.