OnDemand Paratransit Services
Passengers will not be permitted inside any SporTran bus or facility without a properly worn face mask.
LiftLine Is Now SporTran OnDemand
LiftLine is now a part of SporTran OnDemand. Different name, same great paratransit mobility with no changes to the LiftLine services previously offered.
Click Here to view OnDemand Policy.
Click Here to view the OnDemand ADA Riders Guide.
Click Here to view the City of Shreveport ADA Grievance Policy
OnDemand Is SporTran's Responsive Paratansit Service
OnDemand is our paratransit van service that is specially equipped with wheelchair lifts/ramps and other accessibility features that allow maximum mobility for customers with disabilities.
Three categories of people are eligible for OnDemand Paratransit:
- Persons who are unable to board, ride, or de-board a bus, even if they can get to the bus stop and the bus is accessible. This includes those with mental or visual impairments who cannot navigate the system
- Persons with disabilities who cannot use buses without wheelchair lifts or other accommodations. These persons are eligible for paratransit service if accessible buses are not available on the fixed-route on which they want to travel
- Persons with disabilities who cannot travel to or from a bus stop. A person is eligible in this category if travel is impossible because of architectural or environmental barriers that, when combined with the disability, prevent that individual from reaching the bus stop
For more information on eligibility for OnDemand Paratransit service, call 318-673-5316.
OnDemand Paratransit at a Glance
- OnDemand operates on the same schedule as SporTran's fixed-route service. First pickup times are 5 a.m. and last pickup times are 1:15 a.m. on weekdays; 5 a.m. to 1:15 a.m. Saturdays, and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays
- There are certain holidays that OnDemand will not run:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- If a holiday falls on a weekend, different schedules may apply. Check our website for updates
- You can reserve a ride up to 14 days in advance or for the next day, but a reservation is necessary.
- The OnDemand Paratransit fare is FREE in 2022 & 2023 due to our Zero Fare program!
- If you use your own Personal Care Attendant (PCA), your PCA can ride along free.
- If you feel that you qualify for OnDemand Paratransit service and would like to obtain an OnDemand eligibility card, then you must complete the application packet and have your doctor sign the statement in the packet. There is no fee for the application, and all applications are processed promptly
- To receive an application packet, stop by the terminal on Murphy Street, call 673-5316, or download the application. Follow the instructions in the packet and you are on your way
OnDemand Paratransit Services Visitor Policy
SporTran honors paratransit certifications from other transit systems. An individual from out of town requesting service must present proof of their certification. A letter from their home transit agency stating paratransit eligibility is acceptable.
Documentation must include the name of the eligible individual, the name of the certifying paratransit provider, the telephone number of the provider’s Paratransit Coordinator/Manager, an expiration date (if any), and any conditions or limitations on eligibility.
Visitors who apply in person and does not provide documentation of home jurisdiction eligibility, must provide documentation of place of residency.
OnDemand will only provide service to a visitor for twenty-one (21) days within a 365 day period. A visitor who expects to be in the Shreveport/Bossier area for any extended period of time and use OnDemand Paratransit Services for more than twenty-one (21) days in a 365 day period should apply for OnDemand Paratransit Services as soon as possible.